Partners and Supporters:
Pontis Foundation, Slovak – Balkan Public Policy Fund
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to support of democratization process in Kosovo through support to the civil society. The project builds on the experience of successful grant mechanism, the Slovak Balkan Public Policy Fund.
The specific objectives of the project are to build capacities of the civil society in North Kosovo and promote their engagement in public policy making. One of the key factors of the project is the transfer of experience of Slovak civil society from cooperating with local and national government in solving specific themes and contributing to creation of concrete policies.
1. Kick-off travel to North Kosovo, and public discussion – to raise awareness of the project and upcoming funding opportunity among civil society and municipality representatives
.2. Call for Proposal for policy analysis/ recommendations related to a specific problem faced by the north Kosovo society. (4 small grants will be awarded)
– Minority rights and policies of protecting socially vulnerable groups
– Education and employment of youth
– Transparency, accountability and good governance
– Civic participation and youth engagement
3. Realization of summer school of advocacy and public policy for the North Kosovo civil society representatives (Slovak and Kosovo- Prishtina based Experts)
4. Mentoring of the grantees by Slovak and Kosovo Mentors
5. Tailor – made study visits to Slovakia
6. Advocacy activities and meetings with stakeholders in North Kosovo and Prishtina
7. Networking event with civil society, donors and Kosovo authorities
8. Final Evaluation