NGO Aktiv and the Center for Democracy and Education – The Valley, with the support of the Peaceful Change Initiative, are organizing an event on February 24, 2023, in Bujanovac.
The meeting is a study visit by a group of non-governmental organizations from the north of Kosovo to Bujanovac, Preševo and Medvedja.
The goal of this event is the exchange of experiences in the field of inter-ethnic cooperation, relations with local and central institutions, and respect for the human rights of non-majority communities.
Date: February 24, 2023
10:00 – 10:30 Arrival of participants
10:30 – 11:00 Opening remarks
Agon Islami, Coordinator of the CDE – The Valley
Miodrag Milićević, Executive director, NGO Aktiv, Mitrovica
Shaip Kamberi, MP, Parliament of the Republic of Serbia
Ragmi Mustafa, Acting President of the Albanian National Couuncil
Enver Ramadani, President of the Bujanovac Municipality Assembly
11:00 – 12:15 Interethnic relations between communities and respect for human rights in the south
• Priorities of local communities in strengthening trust among them
• Communication with local and central institutions
• To what extent are the existing mechanisms for protecting the rights of minority communities respected?
• The influence of the negotiation process between Belgrade and Pristina on the relations between Serbs and Albanians in the Preshevo Valley
• Migration trends
12:15 – 13:15 Communication is important
• Influence of local and national media on interethnic relations
• How much do we trust each other and how do we communicate with each other?
• The role of social networks in socio-political trends
(How we see each other)
• Positive examples of interethnic cooperation
13:15 – 13:30 Conclusion
From 13:30 Lunch and sightseeing in Bujanovac